Are you tired of the plain theme of your Mozilla Firefox browser? Want to "dress" up you Mozilla Firefox browser? Haha, yes you can, with the new Personas for Firefox.
Personas for Firefox is an extension that adds lightweight theming to your browser. And all you need to do is look for the one that best suits your preferences.
Personas is a prototype that builds upon the ideas that:
- Themes today are too hard to find, install and use;
- Graphic designers should be able to style the browser without having to code;
- Browsers can be more than just desktop software, they can include online components;
- People just want their computer to be a little more fun and personal.
What's the difference between a Firefox theme and Personas for Firefox?
Themes change the appearance of Firefox. A Persona is a special type of theme that changes the look of your browser without changing the navigation buttons, toolbars, and menus. Until now, to apply a theme you needed to install it and restart your browser, like with extensions and other add-ons.
Now, with Personas you can instantly preview a design and install it in one click without needing to restart. All original themes are still available through addons.mozilla.org. Click here to learn more about using Themes and Personas.
How do I add Personas to my Firefox?
In less than 60 seconds, you can install a Persona and transform the look of your Firefox web browser. Just go here and click the green download button. After installation, you will be asked to quickly restart Firefox. Once Personas is installed, you'll be able to choose and change your selected Persona any time simply by clicking on the little fox mask in the lower left corner of your browser window or by visiting the gallery and selecting a different design.
How do I change my current Personas?
There are two easy ways to change your Persona:
- Visit the gallery, choose your favorite Persona, and click on your choice to instantly change the look of your browser. OR
- Click on the little fox mask in the lower left hand corner of your browser, then select a Persona that suits your style.
How do I uninstall Personas for Firefox?
If you've decided Personas doesn't work for you, you can uninstall with a few easy steps:
1. Open the Add-ons dialog box by going to "Tools->Add-ons"
2. Click on the "Extensions" button on the top
3. Select "Personas"
4. Click "Uninstall"
5. Restart Firefox